Wednesday, April 13, 2005

While i was going through my folder (in the comp), i found a compo which i worte last yr... i cant remember how much miss tan graded me, but i actually used the story line and wrote a fan fiction... i completed it! sorry yinling... i lied... last time i gave u a url of a fan fic, its actualli e one i wrote. i wanted to hear ur comments. so pple, u bored u can read: http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/sAdNeSs/
there is 28 chapters. if u wan shorter version, here's the actual compo:

When I was fifteen, my family moved to the countryside hoping for a better study environment for me. But in my new school, I felt extremely lonely. I had no friend.
There was a bridge right opposite of my house, where I would go every evening to enjoy the sunset.
On my sixteenth birthday, my parents went overseas, leaving me all alone. They neither left me a present nor a greeting. Feeling miserable, I took my bicycle and cycled to the bridge. To my surprise, there was a guy around my age sitting on the edge of the bridge. As I walked closer, I could see a sign of loneliness in his eyes.
“Hi! I’m Esther! What’s your name?” I put on a big and cheerful smile hoping that it will cheer him up.
He looked at me and mumbled. “I’m Jack. Jack Ruskin.”
We sat together and chatted till the stars sparkle in the night sky. I found out that he was an orphan. Like me, he did not have any friend. Every time I looked into his eyes, I felt like giving the warmth and comfort that he needed. We promised to meet each other at the bridge every evening to watch the sunset.
Days passed. I started to feel more comfortable with him and we were able to share our deepest secrets. I slowly fell in love with him.
One stormy evening, the wind was blowing and the thunder kept roaring. I held my jacket tighter and strolled carefully to bridge. From far, I could see Jack had arrived. I ran over immediately. Just as I was about to reach him, the bridge broke and Jack fell in the rushing river right before my eyes.
“No! Jack no!” I screamed as Jack’s struggling body went out of sight.
One month had passed and still, Jack’s body was still not yet found. Whenever I sat on the bridge watching the sunset, I will think of him. I regretted not telling him how much I liked him.
My family moved to the City one year later to expand their business. As it was not convenient to get to the countryside, I stopped visiting the bridge.
Time flies and soon it was my twenty-sixth birthday. Ten years had passed since I met Jack. I decided to visit the bridge to enjoy the sunset like I used to do in the past. The bridge had been rebuilt and it looked quite like the old one. I climbed up the bridge and saw a guy sitting on the edge, with his legs dangling out. I realized he looked exactly like an older version of Jack. I noticed the familiar sign of loneliness in his eyes. This scenario reminded me of the first time I met Jack.
“Don’t tell me…” I thought. “No, it is quite impossible for him to be alive,” I told myself firmly. But I still decided to approach the guy.
“Hi! I’m Esther! What’s your name?” I put on a big and nervous smile hoping that my thoughts would be wrong.
He looked up at me and grinned at me with tears in his eyes. “I’m Jack. Jack Ruskin. Where have you been these years? I have been waiting for you.”

(542 words)

No comments: